You already have, and will be able to, own a microwave oven. You are looking for ways to turn off the microwave beep to avoid disturbing you, because you don’t like to hear the noise. You choose to read my article correctly that you should Know How To Turn Off Microwave Beep.
Below I will provide you with information about the microwave oven, its functions, its uses. You will learn more about the benefits of using a microwave. More than that, I also detailed the steps to how to turn off the microwave beep to help you operate quickly without affecting any of its functions.
In addition, you may encounter a few similar questions you want to ask in this article and they will be answered by me. Here are the main points around this issue:
- Microwave used for? What is its use?
- What functions does a microwave oven have? A few notes about the microwave.
- Step by step: How to turn off microwave beep
Microwave used for? What is its use?
Before learning about how to turn off microwave beep, I will tell you about some basic information about microwave ovens.
Microwave is now no longer a strange device for many families because of its convenience and speed. The tendency to become busy in life makes people look to the microwave as a useful tool for cooking. If you are considering buying a microwave oven and ask yourself, “What are the microwave ovens for? What is the use of a microwave oven? “
What is a microwave oven?
Microwave oven (English: Microwaves), also known as “microwave” (micro: very small, three: wave) is a microwave application to heat or cook food. This is a kitchen appliance that uses microwaves to cook food, thaw frozen food and to heat food.
Microwaves are generated from a magnetron source, guided through a waveguide, into a cooking compartment and then reflected back and forth between the walls of the cooking compartment, and are absorbed by the food from which the food is heated or cooked.
Structure of a microwave oven.
A standard microwave oven usually consists of four main components:
- Magnetron: is the source of the microwave, usually a lamp, the structure of the magnetron lamp can be different depending on the model.
- Microcontroller circuit: adjust the cooking mode.
- The waveguide (Waveguide) directs the microwave waves into the cooking compartment.
- Cooking compartment / drying compartment (Usable Space): is a space to store food to be cooked, including a metal Faraday cage or metal mesh around, to help ensure that waves do not escape.
Microwave used for? Microwave use.
Knowing what a microwave oven is for helps you get the most out of all the uses of it and don’t waste it.
- Warming and thawing
It only takes a few minutes or even a few dozen seconds to put the food in the oven and press the start button, your whole family will have a hot meal on the table. Especially when heated in the microwave, the food will not lose substance or degrade like heating like a gas stove. Many ovens also incorporate proper weight defrosting, allowing for the thawing of large blocks of meat.
- Double grill / grill
Some microwaves have a built-in dual grill / grill mode to help cook the food until it is cooked, delicious while still preserving the nutrient content inside. You can bake some simple foods such as bread, pizza, sandwiches, … by the microwave oven function, so it is very convenient to use.
Boiling vegetables normally requires you to use a pot of boiling water and then put the vegetables in. However, it is entirely possible to use the microwave to steam / boil vegetables without using water. This will help the vegetable retain more of the vitamins due to its shorter completion.
The simple way is to put the vegetables on a plate, cover it, and let it sit at a high temperature. For soft vegetables like spinach, mushrooms, and white beans, it only takes about 30 seconds to turn on. However, hard and crunchy bulbs such as radishes and carrots take 3-4 minutes.
- Cook: cook in several stages, cook with steam
The microwave can cook most foods while ensuring evenly cooked food. Depending on the type of dish you choose the appropriate time and capacity to cook.
The multi-stage cooking function allows you to seamlessly perform 2 or 3 stages (thawing / cooking / cooking) without having to stop the oven for further adjustment.
Steam cooking is the cooking function of a high-end microwave, usually the oven will have an extra tray of water. Just fill the tray with water, and when cooking the steam is supplied into the oven chamber with the special ventilation system. This way the dish is soft and moist, almost like when steaming it in the microwave, you won’t worry about drying out or burning.
- Automatic cooking menu
This feature is only available for electronic microwave ovens, making it easy to cook and in no time. Each type of microwave has its own custom cook menu. You just need to select the type of food to cook is meat, fish, pizza, .. on the control panel and enter the weight. The microwave automatically adjusts the time, temperature and power needed to cook the dish, just wait for the microwave alarm to take the cooked food out and enjoy.
- Combination cooking with steam
The function of both microwave and baking in some types of microwave helps fast food cook evenly from the inside and brown from the outside. When cooking and cooking with steam at high power, fat and salt contained in the food are optimally removed, resulting in healthy, nutritious dishes.
- Use to kill bacteria and beetles
This use will probably be very little known, but studies have been done showing that microwaves can kill bacteria and weevils on non-metal objects.
What functions does a microwave oven have? A few notes about the microwave.
We need to know how the microwave oven works before we know how to turn off microwave beep to understand microwave shongs better and also help you to learn more about the product.
Microwaves cook food inside and out
Microwaves typically have the following components: a transmitter (microwave), control circuitry, a waveguide, and a cooking compartment.
Microwaves are radio waves. Microwaves in microwaves are electromagnetic oscillations with a frequency typically at 2,450 MHz (long range 12.24 cm).
When you push the start button, it usually only takes 2 seconds for the microwave to produce waves and blow into the cooking compartment.
With this frequency, microwaves are easily reacted by water, fat, sugar and organic substances. The waves inside the oven will be transmitted at the correct frequency to be able to go deep into the food and transfer energy to the water inside the food, creating great friction between molecules and thereby producing heat energy as food. eat hot.
In the microwave, food is cooked faster than conventional cooking methods because all food molecules are heated up at the same time, which can shorten cooking time by up to compared to cooking utensils. others such as gas stove, infrared stove, …
Only food is heated, so the efficiency of the microwave oven is very high, saving electricity. However, the disadvantage is that the dish is heated evenly, so the surface will not have a golden brown color or crispness like when baking or frying in a pan or oven.
Tools can be used in the microwave
– Plastics, glass, and ceramics do not absorb microwaves, so they are not heated in the microwave. They are used to make special utensils for cooking in microwave ovens. But be careful not to use plastics, because they capture high heat, the heat from heated food can cause the plastic to melt and deform.
– Metal reflecting off microwaves easily causes sparks and fire and explosion, so it cannot be used in microwave ovens. Plastic or porcelain dishes decorated with metal patterns should also not be cooked in the microwave.
– However, if your microwave oven has a grill function, when switching to the grill mode, the heat for the oven will be from a resistor wire or a halogen light, not a microwave, so then you can use a tool metal in the microwave, for other cooking functions, absolutely do not use metal in the oven.
– Note: Always need to create a clearance for dishes cooked in the oven: open the lid of the cooking utensils, puncture the eggshell, the sausage shell, the fruits with other berry skin so that when the food is cooked, increase the volume due to heat will not break or explode in the oven.
Microwave safe for people?
Microwaves are a type of electromagnetic wave that can travel through space at the speed of light, we cannot see it.
Microwaves have shorter wavelengths than radio waves but longer than infrared rays (wavelength about 12.24 cm). At this length, the microwaves can be absorbed by most foods. But the particles of microwaves, known as photons, don’t have enough energy to destroy molecules and cause cancers like ultraviolet rays or X-rays.
That is why, in theory, using the microwave is quite safe. Scientists so far have not found evidence to prove harmful effects of microwave ovens
In fact, when the oven is operating, the microwave is completely blocked by the special wave shield of the oven door, and dissipates before you open the door. Make sure the oven door does not leak when cooking so that the microwave does not get out. You can choose to have microwave ovens that automatically stop working when the door is open.
Step by step: How to turn off microwave beep
Why does the microwave beep when in use?
Some of the reasons the beep appears are:
- The working time of the microwave oven has been completed.
- When you use the functions on the microwave switches, it makes a sound.
- When there is a problem in the microwave in operation.
Step by step: Modern microwave oven
Microwaves all have different buttons and manufacturing facilities. Hence, the annwg functions of each microwave oven may also differ. However, the main function is to reheat all microwave ovens.
Now is the time for the industry to modernize. As a result, there are many microwaves that have a silent mode so you don’t have to hear its beep as often.
Check whether there is a “Sound” button or a “Mute” button on the control screen of the microwave on the monitor screen?
If you find one of the two buttons above, press and hold to continue to turn off the sound.
Press the “Off” button to complete the operation. Or the “Stop” button to stop all previous operations.
In addition, modern microwaves often have a “Volume” button that helps you adjust the volume of the beep. This allows you to both hear the signaling sound at a level that you are satisfied with.
Microwave does not have audio control buttons
Because the manufacturing process of each microwave is different. Therefore, if you are owning an old microwave oven without the controls above. You can do the following steps:
Find out which manufacturer of your microwave oven product? What is the name of the company?
Search for that producer on google.
Find information about how to turn off microwave beep.
Read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
After you know basic microwave information and steps to how to turn off microwave beep. In this Q&A section I will answer a few questions regarding microwave ovens. And maybe these questions are all your questions. Read on, now!
1. What foods should not be heated in the microwave?
Many people often have a habit of keeping the leftovers from the night before, then reheating and continuing to eat the next day. However, reheating some dishes can lead to digestive problems or worse, food poisoning.
Here are some foods that you should not reheat to keep the health of the whole family safe, with Nam Duong Kitchen to find out!
Potatoes after being cooked, if left to cool at room temperature for too long, the poisoning bacteria will form. Reheating potatoes in the microwave or in the microwave may not make the potatoes hot enough to kill all the bacteria.
You should not microwave potatoes to avoid the risk of food poisoning
Reheating mushrooms is a big mistake and could put you at risk of stomach upset and food poisoning. Fungi contain proteins that can be destroyed by enzymes and bacteria if not stored properly.
Specifically, mushrooms that have been left at room temperature for too long if reheated to eat can cause stomach upset. If you really have to reheat the mushrooms, your advice is to reheat them to at least 70 degrees C (158 degrees F).
Not all chicken when reheating will cause poisoning, but the process of reheating the chicken properly is not easy.
You should microwave the chicken properly to avoid a health hazard. To ensure the safety of reheated chicken, make sure it is reheated to at least 79 degrees C (175 degrees F) so dangerous bacteria are killed. Furthermore, it is important to ensure that cooked chicken is kept below 5.5 degrees C (42 degrees F) and does not eat any chicken that has been older than three days.
According to many studies and experiments, heating eggs that have just been cooked not long ago at room temperature can also be dangerous.
Therefore, you should not leave eggs or dishes containing eggs out of the refrigerator for more than two hours or more if the weather is hot. Bacteria like salmonella can multiply quickly in egg dishes and cause serious food poisoning.
One note that you absolutely should not cook eggs in the microwave because oven pressure will explode eggs, causing danger for you and your family members.
Microwave heating of rice is one of the most common mistakes. Rice can become contaminated with a bacterium called Bacillus cereus, which produces toxic spores that can become harmless by heat.
You should cook enough rice to avoid reheating, which is harmful to your health
You should eat all the cooked rice and do not leave the rice at room temperature for many hours. If there is excess rice left and must be reheated, make sure it is reheated very hot.
- Breast milk or baby food
Breast milk and baby food can still be heated but should not be heated in the microwave. Nutritionist Susie Garcia believes that microwaves can unevenly heat food causing hot portions to burn sensitive babies’ mouths or throats.
Seafood that is caught fresh and frozen immediately is safer when cooked again. For fresh or processed seafood that has been left at room temperature for a period of time may contain pathogenic bacteria, and reheating these seafood may not kill all of the bacteria. . Therefore, seafood left out of the refrigerator should not be eaten for more than two hours in cold weather and for more than one hour if the weather is warm.
- Buffet food
Buffet dishes left at room temperature for many hours are home to many dangerous microorganisms. Most food and drink event companies or restaurants will adhere to strict food safety rules to prevent food-borne incidents. However, food in office buffets or home gatherings may not be strictly controlled. This means the bacteria will grow at unsafe levels and warming may not kill the bacteria completely.
- Fried foods
Different oils will have different heat resistance. Overheating the oil to a safe temperature creates toxic fumes. Greasy foods should not be microwave-heated because high temperatures can cause the oil to smoke and create dangerous toxins. It is best not to reheat these foods or just reheat at very low and slow temperatures.
The grease in fried foods when reheated will be harmful to your health.
2. What are the ways to clean the microwave?
2.1. Use white vinegar
- Step 1: Put half a cup of vinegar in a glass bowl and mix with water 1: 5 ratio, put in the oven chamber.
- Step 2: Turn on the oven to operate for 5 minutes until it evaporates. If your microwave oven has high capacity, adjust the time to a shorter time, about 2-3 minutes.
- Step 3: Use a dry cloth to wipe away the stains inside and the oven wall.
2.2. Use fresh lemons / oranges
- Step 1: Cut a lemon in half and put it in a clean bowl (a bowl of material that can be used in the microwave) or you can replace the lemon with half an orange, add more water than half a bowl and put in the microwave. .
- Step 2: Let the oven rotate for 3 minutes to allow the water to evaporate. Turn off the heat and do not open the door, but let the bowl sit for 5 minutes before taking it out so that stubborn grease stains will easily peel off.
- Step 3: Use a soft cloth or sponge to wipe the stains, wipe again with water and finally dry with a soft cloth.
2.3. Use dishwashing liquid
- Step 1: Add 2 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid to one, add warm water in 1/2 cup.
- Step 2: Put in the oven compartment and operate the oven for 1-2 minutes until the water evaporates evenly on the oven wall, turn off the oven, leave for about 4-5 minutes before wiping.
- Step 3: Wipe off any dirt with a wet cloth and wipe with a dry cloth.
2.4. Use glass cleaner
- Step 1: Spray glass cleaner on sponge and wipe inside and outside of microwave oven.
- Step 2: You wipe with water to avoid residual chemicals, then dry.
- Note: You should let the oven smell of new glass cleaner to use, so that the dish does not stink the glass cleaner and keep the family safe.
2.5. Use baking soda
- Step 1: Dilute baking soda with a little water enough to make a paste.
- Step 2: Rub the mixture over the parts of the microwave, avoid rubbing it on the heater, then leave on for about 12 hours or overnight.
- Step 3: Use a damp cloth to wipe the dry powder, then wipe with an absorbent cloth and finally dry the oven.
2.6. Clean and deodorize with alcohol
- Step 1: Pour alcohol into the usable glass in the microwave.
- Step 2: Place in the chamber and let the oven operate for about 3 minutes until it boils and evaporates. Turn off the oven and do not open the door, but let the cup soak in the oven for 5 minutes to soften the stubborn stains.
- Step 3: Use a soft cloth to wipe the stains, then wipe thoroughly with water again and dry with a towel.
2.7. Clean and deodorize with coffee
- Step 1: Put 2 teaspoons into the large microwave cup, add more water than half a cup.
- Step 2: Put the cup in the oven and turn on the oven for 5 minutes until the steam is removed. Leave the cup in place for about 10 minutes after turning off the oven, to effectively deodorize and remove grease stains.
- Step 3: Use a towel to wipe off the flakes, clean thoroughly again with water and dry with a soft cloth.
2.8. Clean and deodorize with vanilla
- Step 1: Put 3 teaspoons of vanilla essence in a glass bowl, fill with water more than half a cup and stir well.
- Step 2: Put the bowl in the oven chamber, let the oven operate for 5 minutes until it boils and evaporates. When the oven is off, don’t open the door in a hurry, leave the vanilla in the oven for another 15 minutes to make the stubborn stain softer.
- Step 3: Wipe off with a soft cloth with warm water.
Through the above sections, you have learned how to turn off microwave beep. You also know what appliances you can use with a microwave. In addition, you have more useful information about the product, thereby helping you to better understand the product.
Here I am sharing with you a video to give you an overview of the steps to turn off the microwave beep.